To follow the Mont-Blanc 80Km runners
After the start given at 4 a.m. in Chamonix, take the train towards ''Le Buet'' to reach the second feeding zone of the race where you can stay few minutes. Then, come back towards Chamonix and stop at ''Montroc'' station. From here, you can take a bus (line 1, 12 or 13) to go to the Tour. Two choices available:
- Stay in ''Le Tour'' to look runners on the feeding zone in low valley.
- Take the ''Charamillon'' lift and next the ''Autannes'' chairlift to see runners in high altitude (a little hiking will be necessary to lead to ''Col des Posettes'' and ''Tête de Balme'').
Back in Chamonix (bus line 1 or 12), take the special train to the ''Montenvers'' to access a last time in high altitude to support runners with a beautiful landscape: the ''Mer de glace'' and ''Les drus'' in background. You can enjoy it few minutes before going down and look at the arrival place of ''Triangle de l'Amitié''.
After Le Buet feeding zone, you have the possibility to join the Emosson one by the Mont-Blanc Express train towards Finhaut (SUI). Then, take the bus to the dam. Here, the landscape will be spectacular. The crossing of the dam will be a highlight of the 80km.
On returning to Chamonix, instead of using the Montenvers train, take the Aiguille du Midi cable car to access to ''Le plan de l'Aiguille" to see the runners before the last downhill. But you will have to do it fast if you wish to see the finish. The best runners will join the center of Chamonix in less than one hour.
To follow the Mont Blanc 42km runners
Do not miss the start! Meeting at 7a.m at the "triangle de l'amitié" place up with the sunrise on the Mont-Blanc.
And then set in train, steering refueling Vallorcine 18th km race around 1:30, good humor guaranteed.
While coming back from Vallorcine to Chamonix, stop at the Montroc station to go to the Tré le Champ refreshment point, in a beautiful and flowery place.
At that time, you will have two choices :
- Get down to les Praz to take the cable car to la Flégère refreshment post. Then you can follow the "Grand Balcon Sud' path to reach the finish line (6km).
- Go to Chamonix and then take the Planpraz gondola that takes you to the finish line of the race.
Decide by yourself... but whatever your decision, no need to worry, you will not be disappointed, because in all cases, the panorama and atmosphere are waiting for you.
To follow the Mont-Blanc 23km runners
Meeting at the paragliding area for the race start, then take the train to go to Tré le Champ refreshment point (stop at the Montroc station) These supplies can only be accessed by public transport.
After that, two choices are possible for you (as for the Marathon):
- For sportmen : get down to les Praz to take the cable car to la Flégère refreshment post. Then you can follow the "Grand Balcon Sud' path to reach the finish line (6km).
- For spectators : go to Chamonix and then take the Planpraz gondola that takes you to the finish line of the race.
Decide by yourself ...
DINING WITH THE TRAILERS
- Saturday and Sunday lunch buffet held at the sports center.
- Saturday night at the Marathon Sportif Dinner organized at the sports center.
Tickets (14€ for adults, 8€ for children from 4 to 12 years old) are sold on site.